Easiest Way to Make Delicious Rasam - hot and sour soup ( vegan )

Rasam - hot and sour soup ( vegan ). Hot and sour soup was one of my first shots at this. I eventually came up with my own recipe for vegan hot and sour soup, and it's been a lasting favorite. I start with a basic recipe, and add whatever veggies I happen to have a hankering for on that day.

Before becoming vegan, I always ordered hot and sour soup at restaurants. I've gotten it at a few restaurants here in LA, but I thought this recipe was just as good. So this Vegan Hot and Sour Soup is absolutely PERFECT with just the right combination of heat and tang. You can have Rasam - hot and sour soup ( vegan ) using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.

Ingredients of Rasam - hot and sour soup ( vegan )

  1. Prepare 1/4 cup of split yellow peas.
  2. Prepare 3 cup of water.
  3. It's 1 can of tomato.
  4. You need 1 large of chopped onion.
  5. You need 2 clove of garlic.
  6. You need 1 of pepper.
  7. You need 1/2 tsp of turmeric.
  8. Prepare 1 tsp of coriander.
  9. Prepare 3 tsp of chilli.
  10. Prepare 1 tsp of Curry powder.
  11. Prepare 1 tsp of cumin.
  12. It's 1 small of lime (juice and grated rind).
  13. Prepare 1 tbsp of vinegar (or to taste).
  14. You need 1 of Rice for serving.

This restaurant-style Hot and Sour Soup recipe is the best!! It's quick and simple to make, easy to adapt to your personal taste preferences, and so delicious! Vegan version of the Asian restaurant staple. This Hot and Sour Soup is a Vegan version of the Chinese restaurant staple.

Rasam - hot and sour soup ( vegan ) instructions

  1. Cook peas in 4 cups of water.
  2. mash or blender when soft.
  3. Cook onion in some oil, add garlic and dry ingredients.
  4. Add water, tomatoes, peas, bay leaf and vinegar and juice.
  5. Cook until desired thickness.
  6. serve with rice, more chilli, coriander etc.

It's aromatic, sour and spicy (to your liking)- your taste buds will be dancing! Hot and Sour soup is something my grandma (from my dads side/Chinese side) always brought for me anytime my sisters and I were sick. Chinese hot and sour soup is a light meal or accompaniment that can be enjoyed any time of day. This recipe combines mushrooms, bamboo shoots, water chestnuts, soy sauce, hot sauce, vinegar, garlic, green onions, and chili oil, resulting in an authentic dish that vegans and vegetarians (or anyone else. Are you ready to assemble your own Vegetarian Hot and Sour Soup?

Related Posts

Subscribe Our Newsletter